Publications & Resources
The following outreach materials were designed to help residential customers make the most of available programs and services. Print them from your own printer or order hard copies.
Contact us to order hard copies.
- Residential Service Guide
- Kitchen Pail Instructions
- Cleanup / Bulky Item Collection Program Brochure
- What happens to my garbage?
- What happens to my recyclables?
- What happens to my organics?
Newsletters & Postcards
- October 2013 Newsletter (Recycling Review, Holiday Service Reminders, Cleanup/Bulky Item Collection, and more)
- July 2013 Newsletter (Green Cart Reminders, Compost Classes, Reducing Junk Mail, Service Reminder, Debris Box Service)
- April 2013 Newsletter (Food Scraps Program Reminder, Used Motor Oil Recycling, Reusable Bag Ordinance, Upcoming Events, Kid’s Corner)
- January 2013 Newsletter (Minimizing Stormwater Pollution, Home Composting, What Goes Where, Collection Day Checklist)
- Christmas Tree Collection Notice
- October 2012 Newsletter (Organics Overview, Holiday Service Schedule, Fat/Oil/Grease Disposal, On-Call Cleanups, Kid’s Corner)
- July 2012 Newsletter (Recycling Review, Service Reminder, Debris Box Service, City of Los Altos Climate Action Plan)
- April 2012 Newsletter (Spring Cleaning & On-Call Cleanups, the Reuse Network, Spring Gardening & Free Compost)
- January 2012 Newsletter (Styrofoam/Polystyrene & Overflow Recycling Disposal, Christmas Tree Composting)
- October 2011 Newsletter (Holiday Waste Reduction, Collection Checklist, Fat/Oil/Grease Disposal)
- July 2011 Newsletter (Food Scraps Program Tip, Downtown Recycling, Debris Box Service)
- April 2011 Newsletter (Proper Disposal of Medications and E-Waste, Composting vs.
- January 2011 Newsletter (Which Cart? & Minimize Stormwater Pollution)
- October 2010 Newsletter (Halloween Compost & Reducing Holiday Waste)
- October 2013 Proper Disposal of Fireplace Ash and of Fats, Oils and Grease
- July 2013 Recycling Plastic Bags and Purchasing Reusable Bags
- April 2013 Reusable Bag Ordinance Information from City of Los Altos
- January 2013 Christmas Tree Collection and Cart Storage After Service
- October 2012 Going Paperless & Proper Disposal of Sharps
- July 2012 Scheduling Your Cleanup & Bulky Item Collection, and Improving Service by Not Overloading
- April 2012 Used Motor Oil/Filter Recycling and Household Hazardous Waste drop-off
- January 2012 Program Tips: E-waste Disposal & Cleanup/Bulky Item Collection
- October 2011 Paperless Billing & Debris Box Service
- July 2011 Recycling More & Santa Clara County Household Hazardous Waste Program
- April 2011 Program Tips: Plastic Bag & Used Oil Recycling
- January 2011 Program Tips: Cleanup & Bulky Item Collection / Improving Service
- Winter 2011 Personal Emergency Preparedness / Street Sweeping
- Fall 2010 Program Tip: Keeping Your Organics Cart Clean
VideosService Introduction Video Food Scraps Introduction Video Wonder What Happens to Your Organics? Wonder What Happens to Your Recyclables?
General Waste Reduction, Reuse & Recycling Information
- Santa Clara County Waste Management Division
- Cal Recycle
- City of Los Altos
- California Department of Conservation
- Enivronmental Protection Agency
- Los Altos Environmental Commission
- RecycleStuff.org (search engine for drop-off recycling locations)