Publications & Resources
The following outreach materials were designed to help commercial customers make the most of available programs and services.
- Commercial Recycling Guide
- What Goes in the Garbage?
- What Goes in the Recycling?
- What Goes in the Organics?
- What happens to my garbage?
- What happens to my recyclables?
- What happens to my organics?
Print the above from your own printer or contact us to order hard copies of the Guide and/or the posters showing what goes in the garbage/recycling/organics.
- March 2013 Newsletter (Green Business Program, What Belongs in the Recycling, and more)
- December 2012 Newsletter (Holiday Waste Reduction, Holiday Service Schedule, Recycling Reminders, Hazardous Waste Disposal, Composting Holiday Trees)
- September 2012 Newsletter (LEED Certification / Packard Foundation’s new facility, Organics Program Tools, Service Reminders)
- June 2012 Newsletter (Green Shopping, Bulky Item Collection, and CFL Disposal)
- March 2012 Newsletter (California's New Mandatory Recycling Law, Organics Program Reminders, and More)
- December 2011 Newsletter (Holiday Waste Reduction, and more)
- September 2011 Newsletter (Composting & Recycling Is Good For More Than Your Bottom Line, Recycling Reminders, and Keeping Your Green Bin Clean)
- June 2011 Newsletter (Being Green Pays Off, Recycling Downtown, Hazardous Waste Disposal, and Debris Box Service)
- March 2011 Newsletter (Save Money by Recycling & Composting, Bulky Item Collection, and Bay Area Green Business Program)
- December 2010 Newsletter (Go Green, Save Money & Reducing Holiday Waste)
General Waste Reduction, Reuse & Recycling Information
- Santa Clara County Waste Management Division
- Cal Recycle
- City of Los Altos
- California Department of Conservation
- Enivronmental Protection Agency
- Los Altos Environmental Commission
- RecycleStuff.org (search engine for drop-off recycling locations)